TimeTracker Teams allows any organization to centrally manage Users and Jobs. In addition, powerful dashboards can provides insights about time spent on projects by users.
Adding users is a very simple process, though you must have Administrative rights (Coordinator) to do this. If you see the navigational button "Administration", you have Administrative rights.
Fill in the empty fields in the "ADD USER" panel and click "ADD+" to create a new user.
NOTE: If you do not have an available user license, please contact Openhour to purchase an additional license.
- First Name: User's first name
- Last Name: User's last name
- Email Address: User's email address, which is their account login unless your organization is using your company's LDAP
- Custom Unique ID: This field may be passed via the TimeTracker API and can be used in the TimeTracker dashboards. It allows your organization to associated some external value with the TimeTracker account. It is not used by TimeTracker, except as noted here.
- Department: The Department of this particular employee. Note that TimeTracker will automatically define dashboards using the values of Department & Role.
- Role: The Role (or Job Title) of this particular employee. Note that TimeTracker will automatically define dashboards using the values of Department & Role.
- Termination Date: If the user leaves the company, set this date to prohibit login.
- Cost This is the hourly cost of the employee
- Default Activity Type: If your TimeTracker account is configured for "Activity Type" (or "Work Type", etc.), then each employee can have a default value. This is where that value is configured.
- "Employment" type pulldown: Employee or Freelancer
- "[x] Ignore daily minimum hours" - if your organization requires a minimum number of hours per day on submitted timesheets, enabling this flag will allow the user to avoid that restriction. This can be useful for part-time employees and others.
- "[x] User submits timesheets"
- "[x] User can see dashboards"
- "[x] User can create projects"
- "[x] User can edit job estimates"
- "[x] Send Welcome email"
The Welcome email simply allows the user to set a private password. If the Welcome email is not received, it may be blocked by your company's Spam filter. Another way to get set one's private password is to click "Forgot password" on the TimeTracker Login screen.