The TimeTracker "auto-tag" feature will automatically associate a TimeTracker Project when you save a document from the Creative Suite application or the TimeTracker Desktop app (only Windows as of December 7, 2015).
Once you have this feature configured, simply save a document to the particular directory (or a sub-directory), and it will be assigned with the configured Project.This feature WILL NOT change a pre-existing project association for documents in that folder. The same project can be associated with multiple folder directories.
- You must have an open document in the Creative Suite app or in a TimeTracker Desktop supported app (only Windows as of December 7, 2015).
- You must have a Project associated with this open document. (In the TimeTracker Creative Suite panel, you'll see "In Progress". In the Desktop app you'll have a project name on the second line instead of "Not Assigned")
To setup the auto-tagging:
- Save the document to the desired folder
- Then, select "Assign Project to Folder" from the top right dropdown menu
- That action will assign the currently selected project to the folder of the current active document.
To automatically assign projects to new documents in the future:
- Save a document (with no project association) to the same folder.
- Open a document (with no previous project association) from that same folder.