TimeTracker has a 'Surrogate mode' that allows a TimeTracker user to have limited access to another TimeTracker account. The purpose is to allow executive assistants and others to easily access another user's account to review, revise and submit a timesheet. Note: To protect the user's privacy, surrogates are not able to access the granular "Details View" data, which includes filenames and URLs visited.
To setup Surrogate mode
- Surrogate mode is a special account feature and must be enabled by Openhour for your particular organization.
- Once configured, you can define up to two potential surrogates for any employee. To define the surrogates, simply access the employee's record in TimeTracker Administration. Then insert the email address of a valid TimeTracker user in one of the two "Surrogate email" boxes (see the blue boxes in Image A below).
- To see an employee's timesheet for revision and submission, simply select that employee's name in the pulldown menu, and TimeTracker will reveal that user's timesheet draft. (See image B below.)
- When in Surrogate mode, TimeTracker will clearly indicate that you are viewing another user's timesheet. (See image C below)
To exit Surrogate mode
- To Exit Surrogate mode, simply select the first menu item "Exit Surrogate mode".
Image A: Defining a Surrogate (blue box)
In the Administration > Manage Users sections, enter the email address for a valid TimeTracker in either of the two Surrogate Email fields. Then hit Save.
Image B: Selecting a user for Surrogate viewing
When a user has access to Surrogate mode, there is a pulldown menu to the left of the silhouette in the top menu bar. The menu items will list employees for whom this user can be a surrogate. Simply selecting one of the available employee names, will cause TimeTracker to switch into Surrogate mode for the selected employee.
Image C: Using Surrogate mode
While in Surrogate mode, TimeTracker will clearly indicate that you are viewing the data of another user. Though you will be unable to see the underlying activity data, you will be able to alter the timesheet and submit it.