There are several methods for creating a new Project within TimeTracker:
- Individual users can create/add a new project by clicking on the gear in the "PROJECTS" section (on the right side of the browser)
- Individuals (and Teams, if allowed by configuration) can create new projects via the TimeTracker extension UI.
- For Enterprise and Teams accounts, TimeTracker projects can be manually created in the ADMINISTRATION section. (Note that Enterprise accounts typically create projects within the organizations' financial system...and those projects are passed automatically to TimeTracker.)
|Add a Project from Calendar|
|Add a Project from Admin Console||-||-||Yes||possible|
|Add a Project from TimeTracker extension for Adobe CC||Yes||Yes||configurable||-|
|Add a Project via third-party financial system||-||-||-||Yes|
Note: Since Enterprise accounts have a back-end system as the source of Projects/Jobs, any manually entered Projects are overwritten/archived each time the system syncs. For that reason, it is discouraged for Enterprise Administrators to manually-enter new Projects directly within TimeTracker.
Data Fields of a Project
When creating a new project, there are several fields for that can be entered.
- Project name is the name of your project or job (e.g.: "Citibank website revision")
- Nickname [optional] is an alternative name you can assign to a project, if you desire. The nickname will not pass to other systems.
- Job ID is the project/job number (e.g.: "Citi-web-2017-Q4-rts"). Job ID is typically provided by your finance team or bookkeeper.
- Budget is your budget in hours. Will be used in dashboards to show amount of budget remaining
- Color is the color you wish to associate with this job. Activity blocks on your timesheet will be filled in with the selected color.
|Creating a Project in Calendar UI||
|Creative a Project in Administration UI||
|Create a Project in TimeTracker extension for Adobe Creative Cloud||