Configuring Advantage Aqua and Advantage Sapphire
TimeTracker can communicate directly with the Advantage agency management system (www.gotoadvantage.com) allowing employees to seamlessly submit accurate timesheets into Advantage. TimeTracker supports Advantage’s two most recent versions: Aqua and Sapphire, regardless of whether the system is web-hosted or locally-hosted.
TimeTracker communicates seamlessly with Advantage and requires no behavior changes of back office teams. TimeTracker receives Users and Jobs data from Advantage every few minutes to ensure that users can only access open jobs.
Configuring TimeTracker for Advantage is an easy process:
- API LICENSE: The organization must have Advantage API Licenses for each user submitting time. The number of API licenses required varies on whether your agency is using the hosted service or if your agency manages its own server (ie: "on premise"). Note: There may be a cost for these licenses.
- ENABLE API FOR USERS SUBMITTING TIMESHEETS: Within the Advantage Admin console, each user who will be submitting timesheets via TimeTracker must be "API Enabled".
- In Advantage: select "Maintenance" --> "Accounting" --> "Employee"
- Search for the user under "## Employee(s)"
- Select "Alerts & Settings"
- Check the box "[x] Is API User" to enable
- CONFIGURE A TIMETRACKER USER: A user must be setup within the organization’s Advantage system for TimeTracker.
- This user license does not need to be exclusive to TimeTracker...it can be an employee's license.
- Note that usernames must not contain any special characters
- CONNECTION INFO (WEB-HOSTED): If the Aqua/Sapphire system is web-hosted, Advantage will provide the connection information for the user and Advantage instance (server, database name, etc.). This information is entered in the TimeTracker Administration screen.
- CONNECTION INFO (LOCALLY-HOSTED): If the Aqua/Sapphire system is managed "on-premise", your organization’s IT will provide the connection information for the user and Advantage instance (server, database name, etc.). This information is entered in the TimeTracker Administration screen.
- Note: You must have the Advantage API service running locally. If you have any questions, Advantage Support can help you get the API running. Contact Advantage support at 877-443-3311 (option 1) or firstname.lastname@example.org
After the API licenses are acquired, the user is setup in Advantage, and the connection info is entered in the TimeTracker Admin section, TimeTracker will immediately retrieve the list of Users and Projects. At this point, users can begin using TimeTracker.